Breakfast Salad With Poached Egg
This Breakfast Salad with Poached Egg is the opposite of a sugar-filled breakfast. It is loaded with fresh fiber, greens, and wholesome protein to set you up for steady energy to power your day. And while eating greens first thing in the morning may not sound great, give it a try and you may find that salad for breakfast becomes your new favorite way to start your day!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 Packet Stevia
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Zest
For the Salad
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 head Frisee lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- For the Lemon Vinaigrette: Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the Salad: Bring a large pot of water to a simmer. Add the vinegar to the simmering water. Crack the eggs carefully into individual ramekins. Use a large, slotted spoon to create a whirlpool in the simmering water, then remove the spoon and carefully slip one of the eggs into the water. Use the slotted spoon to remove the egg after 3 minutes. Transfer the egg to a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with the remaining egg.
- Arrange the lettuce, avocado, chives, and sesame seeds on 2 serving plates. Top each with a poached egg and serve with the Lemon Vinaigrette. Enjoy!
394 calories, 33g fat, 7g carbohydrate, 2g sugar, 246mg sodium, 10g fiber, and 19g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!
Live Good Fitness