Hazards of Sitting
If you haven’t heard, sitting for hours at a time isn’t good for your body or mind.
I’ll list a few of the things it does to your body, then I’ll offer a few solutions.
- Foggy Brain: from lack of blood flow and mood enhancing chemicals.
- Inflexible Spine: disk damage from lack of movement.
- Soft Bones: from lack of weight baring activity.
What you can do:
- Alternate between sitting and standing at your workstation.
- Stretch your hip flexors with a kneeling stretch 3 minutes a day on each side.
- Get up and do move your legs at least once per hour for 5 minutes.